When our founder Gurdeep Sembi organised his own wedding in Kenya, it quickly became apparent that a wedding website would have been ideal as a go-to place for all the guests to find the information they needed for the wedding.
As the wedding was held abroad, a lot of guests wanted to know key information such as:
- Which Visas were required and what did they cost?
- Where was the best place to stay?
- Which currency was required and the best place to get it?
- What was the best way to travel within Kenya?
- Did they need travel power adapters?
- Where could they get a local SIM card for their phones?
Replying to emails and calls individually took up a lot of time and the same information was being given out every time.
The wedding cards were printed and posted which was a significant cost, especially to those sent abroad. Collecting RSVPs and keeping track of them was also another challenge as many people didn’t bother to RSVP by SMS/email/telephone/post.
So after this wedding, we set out to create a wedding website that wasn’t just informational and looked great, but one that would also allow us to:
- Put all the information for the wedding in one place (the website)
- Password protect the pages that we wanted only the guests to be able to view
- Send out evites instead of expensive wedding cards
- Collect all the RSVPs online
- Be able to send email updates to our guests using the invite list
- Collect guest book comments online
And Wedeze was born!
Wedeze has been used for many family & friends’ weddings over the past few years and has been developed constantly to cater for all the feedback we received from these weddings.
The couples and wedding planners who used Wedeze speak enthusiastically about how much time & money it saved them and more importantly how highly their guests spoke of their wedding website.
We know how stressful weddings can be and this is why we are offering a fully managed service, you don’t need to be worrying about setting up the website, that is our job. You just give us the information, and we will setup the wedding website for you and look after it all the way through to the wedding. All you have to do is manage your guest list and invites using our easy to use invite & event manager.